Friday 28 December 2018

One Last December

Sometimes you just cannot hide
Waking up to a familiar voice
Looking at the intimate walls
Shaking off the last night's slumber

Too many souls do not want to break lose
The distant cries yelling in agony
Does our fate deserve one more chance? 
To embrace your bereaved mind
Can we disappear like the setting sun?
Can we make love in the winter woods? 
But baby, you already know
We're in our one last December 

You testify my choice of coat
Tell me no lies about how I look
And the last glass of wine you hold
You know you look pretty and bold 

Now, as I sit in my lonesome couch
And think of all the promises I made
Looking outside through the shady window
Starring at the lucid sky
Enduring a sudden soreness in my heart
I blame myself for the person I am
But I will come back to make it merry
'Cause this is not our one last December 

No comments:

Post a Comment