Thursday 18 May 2017

The Rain Knew My Secrets

Now, there is a tale I want to tell you
And I know you won't believe me
But when I look outside my window and smile
You will know it's just another conversation

This old man built his chalet in a far away land
Sat at his desk and celebrated melancholia
Looked at his life through the raindrops
While his favourite tunes kept playing 

And, only the rain knew his secrets
The aura of mystery in the little drops
The smell of earth or the smell of his lady's grace
The countless quarrels with the nature's queen

He couldn't forgive her inquisitivness
"How could you ruin my book of love?"
As water dripped off his poem sheets
She was rather a graceless and insecure woman

The colour of her skin tells no lies 
As I stood silently near the doorway
She came by the way of the famous gypsy road
And she would often sneak into my little abode 

And, only the rain knew my secrets
The aura of mystery in the little drops
The smell of earth or the smell of my lady's grace
The countless quarrels with the nature's queen

No comments:

Post a Comment