Thursday 7 July 2016

Happy

I am an avid listener, not a musician. I have a friend who has lost his parents in an accident. He stays with his brother who earns just enough to arrange food for EITHER lunch or dinner. My friend has a wounded heart but he never begged or cried. At the end of the day his fingers cried when he expressed his feelings through his six string. Little did he know about his only audience, cause he never saw light after the accident. I used to keep myself free for an hour at night everyday to feel the pain of a deceased soul in the form of melodies. The tunes were magical, so was his voice. I wish I could tell him how I used to enjoy his songs. One day he wrote a song about me. He sounded cheerful like never before and that made me the happiest person alive. That moment made me realize the power of music. The fact that one should feel music more than he/she hears. He inspired me to fall in love with music all over again and he gave it a new dimension. Today I am with a six string. Writing a song about the above excerpt. And this time he is my only audience and he smiled for the first time after that incident. We both were happy because at the end of the day we achieved something through music no matter how small it is. We made each other happy.





He sat on his dearest space and told a story everyday with a piece of wood, his only friend fingers cried with a mellowed end I have been his fan for a while learnt his grief from what he played his magical tunes blew my mind a majestic voice that was surreal brother got his meal but never saw him smile never touched his meal before his story was complete Never knew I sat beside him felt every note he played tried to guess what he'd play next he was my favourite till date I thought I should let him know how I loved every note he played I could write a book on him Never saw him smile until one day He was singing a happy tune that day could relate to it in every way He played the whole tune about me Sang two verses about his only fan Now I am in love with my wood as the roles have changed He can't see but he can feel As I'm singing this song just for him Finally he smiled And I smiled back "We Won my friend" and we were happy

No comments:

Post a Comment