Friday 2 January 2015

Steven George Gerrard - My Idol

I remember the young confident lad making his way out of the tunnel only to warm the substitute bench. It was 29th November, 1998, a legend was born in the name of Steven George Gerrard as he made his way on to the pitch wearing the famous red shirt. After that everything is history. You have given me enough reasons to enjoy my childhood. I could not hold my tears back when you decided to call it quits. 



A very emotional day indeed. My childhood idol is going to leave my favorite club. It has been a dream come true watching Steven Gerrard give his everything for the club. I always tried to imitate him and he is one of the reasons why I am crazy about football. There will be new/wannabe football fans mocking him for his slip against chelsea or may be his failure to win a premier league medal but people who have followed him since the early days of Gerard Houlier understand what a legend he is. Liverpool were never favorites to win the premier league let alone the champions league yet Steven Gerrard decided to stay with the club he loves and give its fans something to cheer for. I am afraid we would never have someone as great as steven gerrard at liverpool. All the raheems and the rossiters and the flanagans will either fade away or leave the club for a better salary. That number 8 in a liverpool shirt will be missed. If I ever get a chance to go to anfield, I won't be seeing that red shirt with no 8 written at the back, trying to pump the half dead players with confidence. Thank You Steven Gerrard for everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment