Tuesday 3 June 2014

Dear Pailan

End of another phase. It's time I should pack the most coveted white shirt/blazer and the scintillating PAILAN GROUP tie(Would like to rate this sarcasm 10/10) because none of the newbies standing at the Pailan BTECH gate would stop me from going in for not wearing the most beautiful uniform in the world. Let me take a walk down the memory lane. 9th August 2010, I reached college a bit too early with all the expectations in the world. The dream of a fortress was already shattered as soon as I entered my college premises. I had to wait for more than an hour before the so called introduction process began. Meanwhile beautiful ladies kept pouring in the IT department. It was supposedly one of the very few exciting moments that I have had on the first day itself. To be very honest I have had the best seniors in my college. I thought they will crush me and flush me down the toilet but then the like minded ones were one of the best friends/seniors I met in Pailan. I was probably the guy with the least involvement in my class but personally I would like to appreciate the fact that my class mates were the most co-operative ones in Pailan. First year was probably the best year in Pailan. From Freshers' welcome to the victory triumph in our first football tournament at BBIT, everything looked scripted but hell yeah 9-10 years down the line these memories are going to haunt me because they were too good. The college football team was the only reason I went to college during my first semester and of course I met with some of the coolest friends from CSE and ECE. After a nauseating first couple of months at Pailan, I could finally breathe in with some of the most talented seniors, friends and classmates around me. Not too sure how much I will miss college but I will definitely miss the independence. I will miss some of my favorite seniors(which I already do)/juniors and some of my favorite classmates and friends who will probably bid farewell to Kolkata very soon and of course how I can forget the faculties who have had a run for their money trying to persuade me so that I stop evading classes day in and day out. I would definitely miss the practice sessions before a fest or a freshers' welcome. I would also miss the practice sessions with the college football team. I was blessed with some of the talented footballers around me and together we have enjoyed a lot. Have a great future ahead mates. Since I am running out of lines I would like to end it here.

1 comment: