Thursday 17 November 2011

YOU ARE SOLACE

Allow me to cut my life in two halves
One for the bad and one for the love
Down the pecking order, was i?
Rampaging was always a choice
Eyes burning like a ball of fire
Reflecting my morose identity
Weary days 'n sleepless nights
There was none who could end my fights
Lack of serenity, my mind ran amok
Was in need of someone with whom i can talk
I can share my laughter and be a part of
Petrified was i, yet persuasive enough
I tried to avoid the past
Which had no spice, all but dust
Life is an impostor if you know what i mean
As it tried to immaculate my mistakes
It may deceive a normal heart
But for me everything changed with you
No more weary days and sleepless nights
As you have ended all my fights
Now i needn't be complacent
For it might be a trick that life has played
Incompetency was justified 
Yet innocuous was i
You had a reason to love me
You had a reason to hold me tight every-time
For the time was conducive enough for me
To go ahead and seek refuge
You were like a mother
To guide me throughout
For the tough times and the battles i have won 

I wouldn't have done it without you
Almost a quarter of my life has passed
More than a quarter to go
You are a temptation blessed with grace
YOU ARE SOLACE

No comments:

Post a Comment